Do you ever eat snacks while watching films? If so, what do you eat?
Not that it is a tradition or a must or something, same as watching TV isn’t either for me, but yes, sometimes I do. It’s usually crisps, or crackers, or peanuts, or nachos, or other crunchy, salty/spicy stuff like that. When it’s something longer and rather during the day than at night then maybe popcorn too.
I’m sorry I haven’t posted for so long. I’ve been very sleepy and lethargic recently. Today I mostly slept too. I have so many places to sleep in that I can barely decide where to sleep next. But I wanted to share one thing with you. It was my birthday last week! My 3rd birthday! So I’m now about 30 for human standards. But my peeps still treat me like a baby. And I still have very mixed feelings about it. It’s funny and nice, but I’d like if they were a little bit more serious with me, I’m not a kid anymore, so what that I’m small. I got lots of treats for my birthday, and lots of sleep too. And it was a very nice, calm and cosy day, just as I like it. But earlier this week, my peeps were very forgetful. They were constantly forgetting to buy me new treats, as there weren’t any anymore, and I even had just a little of my usual food, and they were constantly forgetting to buy it for me. I did have some chicken and a little bit of fish, but I felt a bit hurt that they didn’t remember about my food. THeirs is always important, but Misha doesn’t have to eat. It looked as if that was what they thought. Even Mila didn’t have anything for me, even though I was going everywhere behind her and meowing and constantly asking Mum for treats. Finally yesterday Mummy went shopping and bought me my usual food, and lots and lots and lots of treats. Some very crispy ones and my favourite sausages. I can do anything for those sausages, I’ll even sing if you wish just to get my sausage. They are sooo yummy. And guess what? I even got another bowl. So far I’ve had very nice, porcelain bowls, as for the king, three in the kitchen to eat my meals and snacks and drink water from and one at Mila’s. But now I also have a little plastic bowl with a cat’s head on it. I really like it. It already smells with me and my food. Ain’t I really lucky? I’ve already forgiven the peeps their forgetfulness.
And how are you, peeps and pets, doing? 😍 Did you miss me? Have you also got anything special?
Did you eat anything special last weekend?
I did! It was my birthday on Friday, and Mum made toffi cake for me. Toffi cake is always special, because it is toffi cake, but this one is even more special because instead of toffi icing, Mum used dark chocolate icing by mistake. 😀 I also had chips for supper. Well chips are maybe not that very special but still not a casual, everyday thing, at least not for me anyway. Then on Saturday my grandparents came to wish me happy birthday, and I got Raffaellos from them, and then even more Raffaellos from my Dad’s family, I guess it’s the season for them or something, I don’t have anything against it, quite the opposite, I do love Raffaello, it was quite surprising though to see it in such amounts in my room. 😀 The other one, from my Dad’s family, is actually a big box with Raffaello and Ferrero Rocher. Anyone want some? Gonna be 20 kg up if I’m to eat all that on my own. 😀 And for Sunday dinner we had duck, which, I don’t know how in other countries but here is not a popular meat, even though we do like it once in a while. So guess a lot of special food as for one weekend.
How about you? 🙂
I’ve seen some of the bloggers I follow taking part in
Queen Of Questions
hosted by The Haunted Wordsmith. So I thought I’ll do it too, ’cause it’s fun, and because the questions are food-themed, they sort of match the short story I’ve just published! 😀
- What is your favorite chocolate dessert? I like most chocolatey things, I like plain milk chocolate, chocolate with hazelnuts, various biscuits with chocolate, some chocolate cakes, etc. Yeah most of it all I guess.
- Where do you go first in the grocery store? – I guess we don’t have any routine, depends on a shop and what is where and what we need.
- You win three minutes of free shopping in the grocery store with an empty cart…what do you fill it with? – Kefir, olives and other veg I like, some fruit like tangerines, grapes, oranges, freezed chips, some crisps or other snacks, raspberry tea… don’t know, whatever I need. That’s just what came to my mind spontaneously and what I usually think of while grocery shopping.
- What is your favorite fruit and how do you like to eat it? I like most fruit, except for bananas, papaya, avocado and some others, and I am not a big fan of plums and cherries, well I can eat cherries as such but I hate cherry-flavoured things ugh yuck. But the rest of fruit I like or love, at least those I know so far, and I actually can’t say which one I like the most. Maybe raspberries? Dunno really. Anyway, I usually like to eat them raw, on their own, or in a salad/jelly/cake. My Mum also often makes jams or marmelades or preserves in the summer and they are good too, or she makes what we call kisiel in Poland, it’s such a type of jelly so to say, but it’s thinner and usually served hot, I guess you don’t have a separate word for it in English. You can eat it or if it’s thin enough even drink it.I also like some fruit dried.
- You go to a magic cafe where plates fill with whatever you request…what do you get? – Some delicious spaghetti, the best spaghettii in the world. Recently I’ve been really craving for spaghetti for some reason. 😀
- How do you like your fish? – Preferably not at all. I’ll it if I’d have to, but I’m not a fan of fish. Oh maybe except for tuna. I quite like it, especially tuna salad.
- Do you eat jello (what is your favorite flavor)? – I do, I really like it. Any flavour other than cherry and my other least favourite fruit flavours will do.
- What is the most, ahem, “adult” food you can think of? – Adult food? Hmmmmmm in what sense? Maybe some hot food, children don’t seem to like hot things most often.
- What food do you eat that might put you in the “old” age? – I think old age food would be all kinds of mashy, pulpy things, or bland, insipid food with little or no spices, or non crispy food. Stuff like bread without crust, completely peeled apples, mashed potatoes, semolina, all sorts of gruels, overcooked meat, etc. you get it, I feel deeply for anyone who has to eat such things unless they are OK with it and it’s their choice, then I don’t understand them.:D
- Mall food courts…yes, no, where do you eat? So far I’ve never eaten on a mall food court.
What’s your favourite kind of junk food?
If we are talking about fast food locals, well I don’t go to them regularly somehow, not because I’m a health geek like my Mum and eat only what is healthy, I like lots of unhealthy food but somehow stuff like pizza or burgers or stuff don’t impress me that much. If I do go to a fast food restaurant, I usually satisfy myself with chips and some junk drink like Pepsi/Cola or a shake, and if it’s KFC, which it most often is, I love their hot chicken wings. Other than that, I love crisps, the hotter and spicier the better, and lots of sweet things preferably chocolate-y, but not necessarily, I like lots of sweets, which doesn’t mean though that I like just anything sweet, quite far from it, it has to be good because I am picky more than our Misha hahaaha. But it’s still a lot so I guess I won’t be listing here all the sweets and snacks that I like as I’m sure I would still forget about very many things. 😀 Oh and I love when my Mum makes chips for us, way more than those from KFC or MCDonald’s, my Mum’s are usually crispier than theirs haha and probably at least a little healthier. And there is lots of other generally unhealthy food that I like or love. Even today for lunch I had pasta with broccoli sauce, sounds very healthy but the sauce was ready-made, and as my Mum said “loaded with chemicals”, but I don’t care as long as it tastes good, and it is delicious, so both me and Zofijka eat it quite often, and even my Mum probably doesn’t entirely despise “chemicals” as she sometimes eats it too. I like to sprinkle mine with grated parmezan so it’s even yummier, and today I drank Pepsi with it. But although I like many junk food I like lots of fruit and vegs too, and don’t usually eat much in one go, plus seem to have very quick metabolism (miraculously quick for someone who was said to have hypothyroidism) and I was actually underweight for years until last year and my Mum is still grumbling that I am too thin, so I guess it doesn’t harm me so far.
How about you? Do you often eat junk food? 🙂
What will you have for Christmas Dinner?
Well when it comes to me I pretty much answered this question yesterday in the Share Your World post… OK, it was Christmas Eve dinner actually… but anyway, I don’t think Christmas dinner would be that different from Christmas Eve dinner, other than the fact that it will be probably earlier, not in the late evening, and with meat, because as you may know if you read my Share Your World post our Christmas Eve dinner is meatless. Unless we’ll go somewhere to the extended family and have dinner with them, but it also shouldn’t be much different. Pierogi, borsch, maybe some fish, maybe some salads, the previously mentioned paszteciki, I really have no idea if you have something like that in any other countries and I’m clueless as for whether there is some English translation for it, and other things like that.
So, how about you? 🙂 And, as we are at it, what is your favourite dish to eat for Christmas dinner? 🙂