Christmas has come, and with it, FINALLY! the third MIMRA – for Meg! – I’m so happy that all the packages are now with the winners. It was real fun and exciting to make it and make them happy and I’ll be extremely to make the second edition of MIMRA next year.
Hi people! 🙂
So, the time has come. The time to reveal the winners of my brand new conception which is My Inner MishMash Readership Award (or MIMRA).
My Inner MishMash is an award that is planned to be confered every year before Christmas, to the three most involved, insightful and engaged readers of My Inner MishMash as a way of expressing my gratitude and appreciation for their presence on My Inner MishMash, and also simply as a way to have some more fun on here.
I’m super excited to officially announce to all the people reading this blog that this year’s winners are… *fanfares and drumrolls*
(lots of applause for the winners, please!).
Thanks so very much to all three of you for sticking by, it’s hugely appreciated! 🙂 Also thanks to all the other involved readers of my blog, who I wasn’t able to award, as of course I can’t award everyone, but I hope you too do feel no less welcome at My Inner MishMash. 🙂
The awards have been sent out earlier today, and should actually be with you in 3 days (much earlier than I supposed, they’ll be travellin by plane, just like VIP’s should 😀 I just hope the packages didn’t get mixed up at the post office, haha). I really hope you’ll find your awards enjoyable.
Some people like surprises, some don’t, but I figured I’ll give you all a peep into what our winners are getting this year as part of their award, since my Mum took pics anyway.
Misha is not included in the award, 😀 he goes to me as My Inner MishMash Authorship Award. Mum wanted me to stress, to make sure that you won’t have to face too much of a disappointment, that the small carrier bags you’ll find at the top of the packages aren’t part of the award either, they’re just a filler, but I guess why not, it could be part of the award, especially that it contains some excerpts of a very weird Polish magazine, so, who knows, maybe you’ll find it interesting. 😛
As you can notice, the award is very much Mish-themed, and so are even the chocolates, in a way, although that was actually a pure coincidence. Their name is Michałki (Michałek is a diminutive of a Polish male name Michał, Michałki is the plural form, and Misha, well, after all Misha is a Russian nickname of Michael). 😀
Ashley, I’m sorry but your T-shirt is going to be white in the end, not black. I hope that is not a problem? Oh and I hope they will fit you guys well.
Also, last, but not least, HUUUGE thanks to my Mum for helping me materialise this crazy idea of mine, it couldn’t happen without her dedication, and she spent a lot of time running around getting things I needed for it.
I hope it will be at least as much fun for you, Meg, Ashley, and Carol Anne, as making those awards was for me, and thank you once again for being part of My Inner MishMash! ❤
So just a while ago I was nominated for a Liebster Award by lovely Carol Anne at
Therapy BitsThank you so much, Carol Anne. 🙂
• Thank the person who nominated you
• Answer 11 questions about yourself provided by your nominatoror 11 random facts
• Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers who you think deserve the award
• Create a new list of questions for your nominees
• List the rules in your post
• Let your nominees know of your nomination personally
Questions from Carol Anne
1 what is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
Completely without sleep it would be around 72 hours when I was 10.
2 do you like icecream?
Sure, but it also depends what kind of ice cream it is.
3 what is your favourite type of food?
Oooh lots of things. But to narrow it down possibly I’ll say lots of spicy, salty, and sweet things – but maybe not together lol – Italian, Mexican, Indian, French and Moroccan food.
4 are you a fast reader?
Yeah, too fast I guess. 😀 I wish I could just relish a book, but it always goes by so quickly.
5 what is your favourite kinda weather?
I like when it’s warm, but not too hot. And I have nothing against reasonable amounts of rain. I love ice! I’ve been obsessively fascinated with ice since early childhood, don’t ask me why, I have no idea.
6 do you have netflix?
Not I myself, but my Mum does and sometimes we watch stuff, but rather rarely.
7 are you glad to have th e internet or could you do without it?
Without the Internet? Is it possible? :O Quite shocking. But pointless. 😀 Well at least I can’t imagine how I could do without the Internet.
8 do you own an amazon echo?
9 where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
Ugh, I’ve had so many ideas over the last three years. But I still have no clear and realistic idea. And no matter how much I think about it and whether it’s 5 or 10 years it feels always very scary to think about it.
10 do you have a best friend?
Complicated thing. Practically I don’t think I could say that I’ve ever had one, although nowadays I have many good friends online, not sure though whether I can call any of them my best friends or whether they would like it.There was one guy whom I still consider my friend and thought he’s my best friend for a long time, but now I really don’t know what to think about it since he seems like he doesn’t want to keep in touch with me any longer. I didn’t want to pressure anything on him as I’ve known very well what it means to have an intrusive and clingy friend so didn’t want to appear this way to him, but when he didn’t even answer when I sent him Christmas wishes I had no other choice than to realise that for some reason he doesn’t want us to be friends anymore, and I respect it, although some part of me still believes it is just a horrible mistake or something and he will get back to me, even though soon it will be a year since we last talked. 😀
11 what is your favourite personality trait in your friends?
There are many personality traits I like/appreciate/admire/value in people and would like to see them in my friends. Like sense of humour, intelligence, sensitivity, and all those traits that generally a good friend should have
This time, I’m not going to nominate anyone, although if you’d like to be nominated, just consider yourself nominated and you can make a post and answer my questions which are here.
1. Do you have any song/book or any other piece of art which speaks to you so much that you have an impression it’s especially for you, or about you? What is it, and why?
2. When you think about the word comfy, what association comes first to your mind?
3. If you could be a mythical character, be it a god/goddess or any other creature, from any mythology, who would you be and why?
4. Which crisps/potato chips flavour is your favourite?
5. DO you have any favourite English accent/dialect?
6. What is your most favourite sound?
7. What MBTI personality type are you?
8. If you had to change your name, but keep your initials, how would you name yourself?
9. What personality trait do you like the most in yourself?
10. Is there any famous person you’d like to be friends with? Why?
11. Are you a heavy sleeper?
So I was nominated, again, yay! 🙂 This time by lovely Ghostmmnc
for the Blogging Chums award. Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. 🙂
The Blogging Chums Award is given to particularly brilliant bloggers who are really providing something special to the community, either through their writing or the way they engage with other people: they’re just brilliant!
Here are the rules:
1. Be sure to use the award image!
2. List the rules & about paragraph!
3. Thank whoever nominated you!
4. Write a letter to someone who means a lot to you to spread some positivity around the Internet – anyone will do!
5. Nominate 5-10 more people for the award and go let them know about it in their comments!
I think I’m going to break the first rule about the award image, I don’t have anyone around to help me with it at the moment as civilised people are sleeping and I wouldn’t like to do it wrong in any way, which would be quite likely as I can’t see. 😀
And now, the letter. I’m curious how it’ll go, honestly. 😀 Will Misha be appropriate? 😉 I know there are people who would question calling a cat “someone”, but not me, plus he means the world to me, so I think he’ll do too.
My dear, lovely and just the best baby, friend and supporter, Misha!
Sometimes I really wonder how do you have to feel about yourself if the only thing you get from others is pure adoration, love and pampering. But that’s what you deserve, sweetie, even if it makes you think you are the centre of the world, because, actually, you are pretty close to that point in my world, never mind worlds of other people. I would like to know if you know how much you really mean to me. I want you to realise how much love, joy and happiness you have brought into my life when you came to us – little, fearful, non stop crying baby Misha. I loved you at a first glance, and although I have you with me for only two years, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to exist without you. Some would probably call it a very wrong form of attachment or something, but I don’t really care, as long as you are with me. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if Zofijka picked another Russian blue cat for us, not you, if you wouldn’t stare at her at that moment you both met. Would I love that cat as much as I love you? Would he be as exceptional, beautiful and intelligent as you are? Probably, but I’m just so happy I have you, my lovely, grey-blue-silver Mishbaby. So if you didn’t realise it yet, I want to tell you now I just love you to pieces. I even love those few disadvantages you have because they make you who you are, they make you a unique individual, different from all your brothers and sisters and all the OTher Russian blue cats. Even if my family doesn’t understand why are you scared so easily and so wild at times, I do get it. We are made of the same clay, aren’t we? We both love to be close with other beings, but anything can scare us and make us run away. We both need to consider all the circumstances before we engage in anything. We both hate people intruding on our territory and when there are too many people around. And we both like to observe everything around us not being seen. Isn’t that a lot of common ground? I guess that’s probably why we got along immediately. I just want you to know that I don’t want you to be different. That would be fun if you would be more snuggly than you are, but we can’t say you aren’t, and I think if you aren’t snuggly all the time, we can appreciate snuggle time with you more than if it would be our normal. Sometimes all of us get it a bit too directly, that you don’t like us, and that’s because you don’t want any hugs and sometimes just any kind of touch, but I know it’s not about us and I think others do too, it’s just how you are. So even if we are disappointed at times, that you don’t come to us like a stereotypical cat, purring and waiting for snuggles, I love you and accept you as you are, not because I can’t change you so I accepted it as it is, but because you are my Misha, the only Misha I have and my favourite Misha, and I wouldn’t change you for a thousand of other Mishas. And I know that when you cuddle with me, sleep with me, lay down at my feet purring everY TIME I come home from somewhere and say “Hhrruu?”, spend all the day with me, come to me and lick me like crazy, play with me, let me cry in your fur, climb up on my arms, it’s because you want it. YOu truly want it, and no one forces you to do so. So I guess you have to like me too. And I want to thank you for all that you do for me. That you simply are with me, through thick and thin, and you are so supportive, like many human beings can’t be. I’m just so lucky I have you.
Thank you so much for everything and hope you’re happy with us too!
Amee over at
Carol Anne over at
Ashley over at
Trina over at
Cyranny over at
Thanks once again, Ghostmmnc, for nominating me. 🙂
The great Bee of The Bee Writes
nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you so much! 🙂
So the rules are:
Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
Ask them 11 questions.
My answers for Bee’s questions:
1. Where do you blog from?
Always from my room.
2. What is your motto (for life, your blog, your work… whichever you choose)?
Honestly, never really thought more about it before, but… I guess logically it should be something like adapt for the worst, so you’ll appreciate the best even more, if it comes. 😀 Would have to think more to make up or find something more creative.
3. What is your favourite blog post (yes please choose your own 🙂 )?
Hm, I guess my all time favourite post from all I’ve written until now is Reasons why I’m learning Welsh4. Coffee or tea?
Depends on which kind of coffee or tea. I love strong, black coffee and I can’t exist without it because my blood pressure is chronically low as long as I can remember, so that when someone measures it they look like they doubt I’m actually alive lol. I also like things like latte or cappucino though, but not too sweet as it tastes a bit yucky then, but I know for some people it must be very sugary to be good. Oh and I love ice coffee. I love raspberry tea and drink a lot of it, black tea is also good.
5. What is your favourite foreign recipe?
I can’t say much about recipes as I don’t cook much for myself, but as for foreign food, I LOOOVE falafel! I generally adore Mediterranean, Mexican and Moroccan food, as for food I really do like lots of exotic things.
6. What is your favourite animation (sorry I have a thing for animations at the moment and need some input 😉 )
Don’t have any.
7. And as we are on it: What is your favourite movie?
I think “Rännstensungar”, it’s a Swedish film in which one of my musical crushes, who was occasionally also an actor, Cornelis Vreeswijk, played, and he was soo good and expressive, and the plot in general is so very interesting.
8. If you had the power to change the world, what would you change?
I’d do my best to make people in general more open-minded, less stereotypically thinking. I mean, there will always be some stereotypes, but I’d like people to get it that not everything can be labelled and pigeonholed. I’d like if we all would be able to think not only in black and white, but in many colours, as the world around us is so different it’s just impossible to classify people/situations/phenomena into just one of two categories.
9. Tell us three of your strengths!
Oh gosh I suck at doing it. 😀 But I’ll try and I’ll try to be objective.
- My language skills, or at least the ability to familiarise a language’s sounds pretty quickly.
- Listening. Or anyway, so I can assume from how many people tell me lots of their private things or just things that matter to them. I actually like doing it, although not like all the time, as it can be overwhelming.
- “Feeling” other people. I think I have the ability to quite quickly “feel” someone’s personality, their character, I get others’ emotions and impressions easily too. Not always, but very often. My grandad often calls me X-ray or clairvoyant because of that. 😀 But it also means that sometimes I can be judgmental, because my evaluation might not always be true and I rather tend to trust my instinct.
10. Tell us your preferred way of pampering yourself!
Snuggling with Misha, listening to music, reading books, eating yummy food and dreaming, dreaming and dreaming. 😀
11. Tell us 11 places you would like to go to!
1. Sweden, once again, and Swedish Lapland.
6. Isle Of Man.
7. Northern Ireland.
9. Finland and Finnish Lapland.
10. Faroe Islands.
11. Netherlands in general and Friesland in particular.
My nominees are:
Carol Anne et. al. of
and anyone else who’d like to participate, do feel awarded and join in. Also, I strongly recommend you to see all the blogs mentioned above, as, obviously, they’re absolutely gorgeous, each one in their own, speciffic way. Otherwise I wouldn’t nominate them, right? 😀
And here are the questions for my nominees:
- Any plans for the Easter time?
- What do you do when you feel emotionally overwhelmed to help yourself?
- Do you have any all time favourite book(s)? Or any that you feel are “about you” or “especially for you”?
- Name at least one thing for which you are proud of yourself.
- What is your favourite sweet thing with chocolate?
- Do you have your favourite word in English/other language(s) you speak? List as many as you have on your mind.
- What is your favourite feminine name?
- How about masculine?
- What are some of your pet peeves?
- What one thing about yourself do you like the most and what do you dislike the most?
- If you spend an evening alone, what do you usually do?
OK, that’s all from me. Really looking forward to seeing your posts. And thanks again, Bee. 🙂
And I got nominated once again to the Versatile Blogger Award, this time by lovely ashley over at Mental Health At Home
Thanks so much, Ashley. 🙂
But I think since I made the award post for the same award very recently, I won’t make another one now. Just wanted to mark the fact I was nominated again, thank Ashley and say I’m very happy about that. 🙂
Thanks sooo much to fabulous Carol Anne, blogging at Therapy Bits
for nominating me to this award. 🙂 It means a lot to me. 🙂 Check Carol Anne’s blog out, I’m sure you’ll like it. 🙂 This is an award created by Okoto Oke Enigma
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thanks whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Share a link to your best post(s).
3 things about me:
1. I hate bananas.
2. My birth name wasn’t Emilia. I won’t tell you what it was, but it was related to English Margaret, or Marjorie, or Maisie… We in Polish don’t have as many forms of this name as you do, but we have a few, so, now you can guess which it was. 😀 I legally changed my name to Emilia three years ago, but was going by EMilia around people whom I trusted or who knew much about me or with people from other countries. With people who know me back then and with whom I’m not close, I’m still going by my old name.
3. I have allergy to cats, but seems like autosugesty is an enormous power. I am not allergic to Misha, or to much much smaller degree.
And that would be unfortunately all, as being a new blogger, I am still at the stage of exploring the blogosphere, and also don’t want to nominate still only the same people to give you an opportunity to maybe find some news blog, not only nominate the people.
Questions to my nominees:
1. What’s your biggest fear?
2. What’s your biggest accomplishment in life?
3. How many Jacks or Jackies do you know and do you like them (this weird one).
4. Do you like your job? If you’re not working, what job would you like to have?
Do you write anything else besides on your blog?
My best posts?… Assuming from the amount of comments it would be:
I think that
I did yesterday was quite a good idea to do, seems like many of you have liked it, and I think I did a good job making it.
The post about
was good, but it’s just my opinion, maybe because it was so very challenging for me to write it and cost me quite a lot, but it was also a completely new, in some way interesting experience, however this post turned out a bit chaotic and rather lengthy, but actually I wanted it to be rather lengthy.
OK, that’s it for now, thanks again, Carol Anne. 🙂